Ready, Steady, ...

With just a few hours left in Germany, it might be a good idea to write a little bit about the current status.
My visa got here in time. Just one day after being in Frankfurt, my passport with the attached visa was in the mail, yay!
I also made arrangements for my stay in Atlanta. I found a nice offer on craigslist for a furnished room in Decatur (which is quite close to Atlanta city itself). After a few talks on the phone and exhanging quite some e-mails with the owner of the house, I am confident that this will work out and that I will have a nice stay there till the end of December.

So tomorrow (Sunday) I will depart in Frankfurt at 9.30am and arrive in Atlanta at around 1.00pm. After I got through the screening, customs and imigration I will head to my hotel in downtown Atlanta, where I will stay for one night. The next day I will again go to the airport again, to get on my plane to Denver. After a quick stop my connecting flight will get me to San Jose.
From there I will head to the hotel in Mountain View, where I will (again) stay for one night till Tuesday. The rest of the week I will stay in corporate appartments of Google.
On Tuesday, my orientation will start at the GooglePlex ('Plex). I am really looking forward to that week in Mountain View.

If I have time, I will try to go to San Francisco for one day to visit some friends, but I don't know about the schedule yet.

So that's it for the moment. The next entry will follow, and it will be from the United States.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installing DD-WRT on the Linksys EA2700

Setting up Arduino IDE 1.0 and 1.6 for ATtiny and Manchester library

Backing up a NAS to CrashPlan using a Raspberry Pi