Overdue

First of all I want to say sorry for not writing for such a long time. I could say I didn't have the time, but it wouldn't be completely right. It's just that not so much has happened that is worth writing about and I am in touch with many of you anyway.

As my last post was created in Mountain View, let me say that I arrived savely back in Atlanta after staying in California for about a week. After an amazing week at the headquaters of Google, I spent a day in one of my most favourite cities: San Francisco. As it is only a 90 minute ride from Mountain View, I could manage to visit some friends there for a few hours.

Some weeks ago, my girlfriend Maria stayed here in Atlanta for 15 days and I tried to make some room among all the work I have to do. I think it worked out great. Fortunately the working hours are quite flexible so I could shift some days and worked from home.
During those two weeks we managed to see a lot around here and it was actually the first time I could experience the city and its surrounding area. Before that, the only areas I saw were basically the ones on my everyday trip to work and home.

We visited the CocaCola Museum, which was nice but not spectacular. What you basically see there is commercials from all over the world from the beginning of CocaCola until today. In the end you get the chance to taste a lot of different product of the company, which sometimes taste quite bizarre.
A very amazing place to visit when you are in Atlanta is the Georgia Aquarium, where we went on a Sunday. It is one of the world's largest and contains (among other fascinating animals) a large basin with four whale sharks in it (for those of you that don't know: whale sharks are the world's largest fishes. At least that's what we've been told ;)). Great experience although going on a Sunday might not be the best decision, if you got the choice.

Since then I spend my time mainly on working in the office, working at home (mostly on XMl11) and study for university. I want to finish this semester so I can start with my thesis next year.

I will post back if something noteworthy happens. I have made some pictures and will post them online sometime soon. I will post the link there. But don't expect them to be as astonishing as San Francisco! :)

See ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installing DD-WRT on the Linksys EA2700

Setting up Arduino IDE 1.0 and 1.6 for ATtiny and Manchester library

Backing up a NAS to CrashPlan using a Raspberry Pi