PicView for Android

It's been a while since I wrote by last blog post. I've decided that it's time get the dust of this blog and to throw a new entry out. And again I hope, that this time I might be able to keep some more posts coming.

Anyway, on to the actual topic of this post: I just released the source code of an application I worked on in my 20% time at Google. I called in PicView. It's a photo viewer application for Android.

What can it do?
It can download and show you photos from Google Picasa users. When you start up the application you can enter a Picasa user name, such as "saschah", which is mine. You will be presented with a list of albums of that user. A tap on the album will show you thumbnails of all the photos in that album. A tap on one of those - you guessed it - will show you the photo full screen.
In full screen mode you can tap on the left or right-hand side of the photo to go back and forth the current album.

The app is also caching heavily. Every download photo and thumbnail is stored on the device.

My plans are to add more feature (see project side which I link to at the end of this article). At the moment you cannot download it from the Market, but you can compile it yourself.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've downloaded it and tried to run on Eclipse. The App was comming in the Emulator but when I tried to add an account Logcat shows "java.net.UnknownHostException: Unable to resolve host "picasaweb.google.com": No address associated with hostname". I tried to add an account with your id as well (i.e., saschah).

Popular posts from this blog

Installing DD-WRT on the Linksys EA2700

Setting up Arduino IDE 1.0 and 1.6 for ATtiny and Manchester library

Backing up a NAS to CrashPlan using a Raspberry Pi